Dashboard Demonstration Instructions:
For the purposes of this demonstration, we added these quick buttons:
- The yellow CURRENT PARAMETERS button on the lower left is where the customer was running before BlueSwarf. They hit chatter at 10,200 RPM and 0.280 " depth of cut.
- The red CATALOG RECOMMENDATIONS button shows what the table in the cutting tool catalog suggested for speed and depth of cut. This would exceed the power limits of the machine and was in a chatter pocket.
- The BlueSwarf Dashboard® recommendations are shown incrementally with the three green numbered buttons. Press 1) and the best speed is selected. Press 2) and with the speed stable we can increase the depth of cut. Press 3) and we have sufficient power to increase the feed rate.
- Even though we slowed the speed, we increased the depth of cut and feed rate. The result is an increase in metal removal rate from 68 cubic inches per minute to over 95. The cut is stable, tool wear and energy consumption are more efficient. Finish and accuracy is improved. NOTE: You can change the parameters (speed, feed, depth and width of cut) manually.
- Adjust Pie Chart ratios as needed.
- Click on RESET to return everything to its original parameters.